Thursday, March 12, 2009

A Week of Blah

I've decided to try and post something at least once a week. This is made much more difficult by the fact that NOTHING interesting has happened this week. I've been spending quite a bit of time at my mom's house in an attempt to get Noah used to being over there. He's going to stay there while Zander and I go to California for a week. I'm starting to get really really excited about the idea of being able to stay up late and sleep in for a week. Not to mention we're going to a bunch of theme parks, and will likely hit up a hot tub at least once or twice.

We found out yesterday that in an attempt to not have to do layoffs Zander's company will not be giving any raises or bonuses this year. I'm glad that they're resorting to that instead of layoffs, but it still really sucks that we're missing out on a raise that he was promised when he was hired on last year. Oh well. Thus is life in our present economy

I finished reading Atlas Shrugged a week or so ago and absolutely LOVED it. For anyone who isn't intimidated by big fat long books (it's 1000+ pages of tiny print) I highly recommend you try this one out. It's very political, and has a lot to do with economic strategies, but it's really really good. Think 1984, but actually a good book.

No comments: