Friday, May 22, 2009

Tomatoes

A few weeks ago I planted tomatoes and green bell peppers in our topsy turvy tomato planters, and hung them on a shepherds hook. They were too heavy for the hook they were on, and the whole thing fell over. The plants looked like they were going to be alright, but I was sorely mistaken. I looked at them the next morning and the top half of the tomato plant was all wilted and shrivelled, upon closer inspection I noticed that it had been broken 90% off from the rest of the plant when it fell. Ever since then the rest of the plant hasn't been looking too good either. I looked at it more closely this afternoon and realized that the base of the plant was pretty damaged in the fall as well. So I went to the Wal-mart (we've got a brand spankin' new one just down the road) and bought me a new plant. It'll be put in tomorrow morning, and I'm excited to get it going. The peppers are starting to bud and flower, and I'm really excited to have some fresh produce in my yard this year. The lettuce has all sprouted too and is looking like it's going to do really well.

No comments: