Friday, August 21, 2009

T-Bone

Sadly this post is not about steak. It's about my first ever car wreck.

The Short Story:

I was driving in Smith's parking lot in Saratoga Springs and a girl t-boned me. Her car had essentially no damage, my car looks like crap. All people involved are fine and no one was hurt, other than Noah getting a scratch from his car seat strap.



The Full Story:

I was heading north in the parking lot going towards the gas station in the Smith's parking lot, i had a low tire and was going to see if they had a pump so I could fill it up. The other driver, (we'll call her Sarah) was heading west towards the aisle that i was on. She saw me, tried to break, and his the wrong pedal. She's not used to driving a clutch, to the misfortune of all of us. So she slammed into my passenger side back door, which is of course right where Noah sits. He started screaming, I freaked out just a little bit, pulled him out of his chair, calmed him down, then went to see what in the world happened. The car is pretty well scrunched in on that whole side, but we'll be getting it repaired here in the next week or so. Both doors will have to be replaced, the back door doesn't even really close all the way, and the panels underneath the door are warped as well. Sarah's insurance has accepted fault on the whole thing, so they'll be paying for all of the repairs, and providing me with a rental car so I can still get around while mine is in the shop. We did take Noah to the dr.'s office that same afternoon just to make sure that he was alright, and they said that he looked fine, and told us a few things to watch out for just in case.

2 comments:

The Loomis Family said...

Im so glad you guys are ok! That is so scary!

Elizabeth said...

oh. my. gosh.
you are sooo much more low key than me.
i would flip out big time... gah! how scary for you guys! :(