Friday, November 13, 2009

Cupcakes

Thursday, after a painfully rough morning, I decided the kids and I needed to do something fun to take up the afternoon. After debating between making cupcakes or cookies, I settled on cupcakes. I got the batter ready while the kids were still sleeping, and Noah woke up just as I was putting them in the oven. I turned on the oven light so he could see what was going on in there, and he sat there with his face glued to the oven for the next 20 minutes literally watching them bake.


Isabella woke up with perfect timing right as the cupcakes were coming out of the oven. We played for a few minutes while the cupcakes cooled, then the fun began. I put a sheet down to help with cleaning up cuz I knew this was going to be a mess, then showed the kidlets how to put sprinkles on their frosted cupcakes. Isabella caught on really fast, Noah didn't care too much and mostly just wanted to watch. Isabella also caught on that it was a treat, and quickly began to eat the frosting off of her cupcake. I underestimated the amount of mess she could make, and the speed she could do it in, so I ended up stripping her for the sake of her sweater, and pants.



All in all in really turned out well. It entertained the kids for a good 15-20 minutes, and hey, caupcakes is never a bad thing.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

you'll soon learn to never underestimate what she can do. THis is how she keeps us so busy! ;) Ha, ha, ha! Looks like lots of fun! Yay for Emi!

Steph Wardle said...

i am impressed with your willingness to let kids be kids and enjoy making a sweet mess. i like the idea! i will have to remember it for when we have little wardlets.