Thursday, June 10, 2010

Some firsts

I've been out of the house a few times since K was born, but always with Z, and going really really slow on things. Yesterday I went down to my mom's house for the day, and it was so nice to feel like I had the freedom to go somewhere without help from another adult. Today I took it a step further and took my two boys to Wal-Mart. We didn't really need anything, other than to get out of the house. It was crazy windy today, the car door went flying open when I went to get the baby out, but honestly the trip went really really well. It's so nice to feel like I have some freedom again and that I'm physically capable of doing things.

The other big thing is that I've done today completely by myself. I've had someone helping me every other day since K was born, and heck, even a few days before he was born. But today Z left for work at his regular time this morning, I've gone through the day by myself, and no one has died. To take it one step even further, Z has class tonight and probably won't be home until at least 9. My parents are going to drop by this evening to help get the boys to bed, but I'm fully confident in myself to be able to do it on my own if I need to. It's a great feeling.

No comments: