Saturday, October 25, 2008

Galoon!


Every year Zander's whole family goes to Lagoon togther towards the end of the season, but this year it got missed. And I was pretty bummed about that. So we ended up going last night to Frightmares with our good friends Craig and Steph. It was so much fun! We only did like 7 rides in 5 hours, ate some greasy rubbery over-priced theme park food, and just about froze to death, (it was only just over 50 degrees), but we had a blast. Zander and I did a fair amount of frolicking around the park, and showed the Wardle's our true spastic selves, a side that we usually don't show in public. Susan and Frisco were so kind and stayed home with Noah too, so it was 7ish hours of some much needed freedom from any semblance of responsibility. Seriously though I got really chilled while we were there. We got hot chocolate on our way home and had the heater on, and I was still cold enough to wear a few layers of pajamas and a pair of socks.

Now I understand that sometimes it might be hard to find a babysitter, or you want the entire family present for an outing, but Frightmares (especially when it's that cold) is a completely inappropriate place for little tiny kids. I saw a ton of kids all bundled up and sucking on their bottles and binkies. I think it was way too late and cold for them to be out like that. Most of them looked fairly miserable, and like they just wanted to be home in their nice warm beds.

1 comment:

Hendrix's Household said...

I am so jealous. When we took our vacation this year that is where we were supposed to go. But things happened. Then Mr. Hendrix decided to hurt himself. I am so so so jealous. It sounds like you had a blast.