Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Punkins!

Last night we carved punkins with our dear friends the Wardle's. I don't know why but I've always really enjoyed carving punkins, especially cleaning out the innards. A lot of people (mom) think that the insides are gross, but I think that they're interesting, and kind of like the slimy texture with slipper seeds in there. Anyway, I carved a spider on Noah's and a gravestone on mine. I did my own pattern for the first time in years instead of using one of the patterns you get in the kits. I had great ideas.....they just didn't work out very well. I ended up piecing both of them back together with toothpicks because I cut the wrong places or just didn't do things quite right. Zander used a pattern and made a raven sitting on a skull. It looks really really cool. Steph has trick or treaters on her, and Craig....did something really cool on his. I feel bad that I can't remember what it was. I do remember that he had a giant sized punkin and his pattern ended up being really small. And we thought it would be cool if he added a moon to it. It looked really cool, whatever it was. LOL. I'll post some pics of them after they're lit on Friday night, if they don't rot and fall apart before then.

No comments: