Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Stuff

So....let's see what's been going on lately.

It's been just over 5 months since we had Noah, and I still hadn't received bills from my doctor, or the hospital for my stay, so I called to see what was going on with those. Turns out that having double insurance covered both of those expenses completely. So Noah has really only cost us a total of like $600 to have. WOOT! The downside is that means we're losing about $800 that we had set aside in a medical savings account. :( oh well.

Speaking of Noah, he can sit up on his own now! For short periods of time, and only when he is well supervised, meaning sitting between my legs, or with my hands hovering on his sides for when he decides to teeter to one side or the other.

Zander's company part this year is going to be at the Grand America in Salt Lake. I've never actually been in there before, but I've heard wonderful things about it. And knowing this company, I'm betting it's a really nice party. They're also giving him the day after Thanksgiving off. I'm not sure if it's a paid holiday or not, but hey, it's a holiday. I'll take it. Oh, they also took the entire company (and me) to go and see the new James Bond movie a while ago. Good movie, even though I was lost for most of it.

I really hate door to door salesmen, they're annoying, and persistent, but I still feel the need to be courteous to them. I'd really like to have the guts to just tell them straight up "I'm not interested, and I don't accept solicitors", and then close the door right then. But I'm usually nice and listen to them for at least a few minutes. Maybe it'd actually be nicer to just shut them down in the first place than to let them think they might be getting a sale out of me. After this guy tonight, I secretly wished I had my neighbors phone number so I could call her and tell her not to answer her door in about 10 seconds.

I'm sad to think how horribly unhealthy Chinese food is. I really really like it, but most of it is either battered, or fried, or both.

No comments: