Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Morning After

Last night we got home, I lounged on the couch for a few hours, Z went to get my antibiotics but the pharmacy was closed (dang weekend hours), our neighbors came to make sure I was alright and brought me some Maggie Moo's (which I'll break into later today), and I went to bed around 10. Sleep is a BEAUTIFUL thing. I tried so hard to sleep yesterday in the hospital, and could have if it weren't for the nurses coming to check on me, my IV pump running out and beeping at me, having to pee every hour because of how much they were pumping into me, my IV pump beeping at me again, nurses coming in to bring me food etc etc etc. I think the most I slept yesterday was maybe 30 minutes at a time. I was still resting, it's hard not to when you've got an IV hanging out of your arm and 2 different monitors on your stomach watching you and the baby, but honestly I went like 40 hours without really sleeping.

So anyway, I slept about 11 hours last night with only waking up 2 or 3 times, which is an accomplishment for any woman who is 8 months pregnant, and I feel really good this morning. I'm still going to force myself to take it pretty easy today, eat really healthy, and drink a ton of water, but I think this thing is past me. Oh yeah, we've got to figure out Sunday hours for the silly pharmacy as well so I can get back on my antibiotics.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We are glad that you are doing better. It was a real scare to hear that you were in the hospital. Don't go back until your guy is due. Promise!
Emily O.

Steph Wardle said...

oh wow em- i had no idea. . .
:( BUT i am glad you are on the up and up! let me know if you need anything!