Saturday, April 10, 2010

Ruined my Record

I was always proud to claim that I had never been admitted to the hospital for any reason other than actually having my child. This morning in the wee hours, I ruined my record.

*Short Story*
I woke up with extreme pain around 2 am, couldn't get comfortable, couldn't do anything to ease the pain. Went to the hospital where they gave me two percocet, didn't help a whole lot, so they gave me some morphine. It's my friend, I was finally able to relax and get some rest. Turns out I had/have a kidney infection. So I'm on antibiotics and lots of fluids to get that cleared out. I'm home now, feeling good, just really really tired from getting literally no sleep last night, and poor/interrupted sleep throughout the day on an uncomfortable Labor and Delivery Bed.

*Long Story*
I'm too tired to tell the story. I'm going to sleep.

3 comments:

Jessie Evans said...

Oh no!! I'm so sorry, I hope you feel better soon.

Ross & Amanda Goodman- but mostly Amanda :) said...

I know exactly how that is. I get one every time I am pregnant, and I am soooo careful to drink tons of water always. Lame. Very painful. I hope it clears out soon.

Also- I love percocet. I am certain that if I had an addictive personality, that would be my failing. I would fit right in with the sterotype as well.

Luca said...

Dang, friend! I'm glad it wasn't anything life threatening. But it still sucks to have to go to the hospital for anything. It's a disruption of your normal routine, and it takes a day or two to get back into that routine.

If you need anything, just let Live and I know, and we'd love to help. Live is closer than I am, so let us know.