Tuesday, September 25, 2012

California - California Adventures

Truth be told, I don't love California Adventures.  There are a few rides over there that I really like, but overall, I feel that the time is much better spent in Disneyland.  The other problem for us on this trip was that we had already done 2 days of driving, then 2 days in other parks before we made it over to California Adventures.  We were all tired and grumpy. But we still had a whole lot of fun, and made some great memories.


 Cars Land was REALLY cool.  It was like walking right into the movie.  I missed the glimpse of seeing it at night, but Zander said that it was amazing.  The new rides over there were a lot of fun and perfect for the younger crowd.  Noah and Kaiden kind of obsess over the Cars movies, so seeing Lightening McQueen and Red the Firetruck and all of the other Cars stuff was really fun for them. 






As we were walking from one side of the park to the other, I suddenly heard the Phineas and Ferb opening credits start playing.  We happened to get there just in time to see the dance party that they do.  The kids were really tired by this point, but it was a lot of fun to see the little show.  It also made a lot more sense seeing it this time as compared to last time Zander and I saw it and had no idea what Phineas and Ferb was. 


I'd say the highlight of that park for our family was the Toy Story Midway Mania.  Zander and I fell in love with that ride when we were there last time, and Noah thought it was pretty amazing too.  Kaiden slept through that part of the park, but was sure a whole lot happier when he woke up.  I imagine waking up from a nap and finding yourself in any part of a Disney Park has to be pretty awesome, even if you are only two years old.

 
  




That night we were able to get a pretty good spot for World of Color, and the boys really thought it was cool.  Which it is.  That show is amazing.  Brings tears to my eyes every time I see it. Noah fell asleep while we were walking back to the tram that evening.  Tired tired kids, but totally worth it. 


No comments: