Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Busiest Saturday Ever

Our Saturday started bright and early, with all three of us leaving the house ready to go by 7:30. Noah and I dropped Z off to school, wandered around for a while giving me all sorts of flashes down memory lane, and then we headed over to IHOP for some breakfast. There are a lot if waitresses who would cringe at seeing a very obviously pregnant woman being sat at a table with a toddler, and no other adults to help, but this woman went above and beyond in making things easy for me, and helping me out. She was fantastic, as was our breakfast. I haven't like pancakes for like 15 years, but got some with my meal, and they were GOOD.
Z's class wasn't due to let out until almost noon, so Noah and I went over to visit Emily and the kids for a while. Jared was really excited to play with Noah and kept telling him to come downstairs so he could show him where the toys were. Emily and I sat around and talked the morning away, and the kids really entertained themselves and let us. It was great.

Around 11:30 Noah and I headed back over to the school to pick up Z, then we went to the parents house to put the boy down for a nap, and have some lunch and down time. When Noah woke up we ran to north Orem, grabbed the Indo grandparents and Eva, and headed up to Bridal Veil FallsLast August Noah got to play in a mountain stream for a little while and had the time of his life, so I knew that he'd have a fun time playing at the base of Bridal Veil. He and Eva climbed up the falls quite a ways with Papa, then splashed water all over themselves, each other, and Papa for a good long while. Once they started getting too cold (that water was FREEZING) we wrapped them up in their towels and headed home.

No comments: