Sunday, March 11, 2012

Z and E Memories -1

Because some of these things need to be written down before we forget...

Zander and I had been dating for a few months, things were going great. We were both in school and both working, and spending as much time together as possible. One afternoon I had some free time and was happily spending it on my own at my house doing I don't remember what. I got a call from work that they needed me to come in immediately. The regional manager was there and she was really upset about how much processing we had to do in our back room, and they needed me to come take care of it. Now. I was really irritated, but I got dressed and headed to work. 15 minutes after they call I walk into work, mad, but ready to clear out the back room as quickly as possible. Turns out the regional manager had already left and my manager said that I could go home. They just needed the regional to think that they were going to take care of it. They didn't think I'd be there that fast. By this point I'm full on mad.

I start driving home, and on my way call Zander to tell him how stupid the last 30 minutes of my life was. I really needed to just vent, and be slightly irrationally angry, but he was being weird on the phone and wasn't really talking or acting like he was listening. Like he was distracted, which just made me more mad. So I got off the phone with him, cranked up my music, and finished driving home. I storm in the front door and stop dead in my track. There are red rose petals strewn all over the floor up the stairs to my bedroom. In shock and wonder I slowly go up the stairs, following the rose petal trail to my bedroom, and find two dozen beautiful red roses sitting on my desk with a card from Zander telling me how much he loved me. It was amazing. I called him immediately to figure out how he had managed this, since I hadn't told him I had to run to work. He was already outside my house waiting for my call. Turns out he had orchestrated the whole thing. He bribed my co-workers with chocolate bars to get them to call me and make me come in, so that he could have a few minutes to set everything up.

2 comments:

rebecca said...

err. thats the cutest thing i have ever heard.

Nicole said...

Oh whoa! Kaulana proposed almost the exact same way!!