Friday, January 9, 2009

Mindo's Birthday

Happy Birthday Mindo!!! Not that you really even know this blog exists.....oh well.

I took her out to breakfast this morning, but since I was running late it turned into more of a brunch. We went to this cool little place up in Sugar House called Eggs in the City. Very healthy, holistic type place that serves breakfast and lunch. It was pretty darn tasty! Although now that i think about it I would have enjoyed mine more if I had added a little salt. Anyway, I had a yummy egg whites breakfast burrito that had spinach, avocado and green pepper in it, with sour cream and salsa to top it off with, and a side of yummy fruit. I was way impressed with their fruit bowl honestly. Usually fruit bowls consist of a bunch of melon (GAG), a few grapes, and if you're lucky, a piece of pineapple or two. This had pineapple, strawberry, banana, blueberry and black berry. Mindo had their huevos rancheros, which looked really really good. I didnt' pay much attention to what was in them, but I know it had a side of black beans, which I'm really into right now.

Anyway, it was great to get to spend some time with her. We used to spend OODLES of time together, on account that we were roommates, but then I moved out and married her brother, and we haven't seen each other much on a non-family time basis. So I was really glad to go and see her house and her kitties, and spend some time with her again. Love yer face Min!!!

No comments: