Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Years!!!

I always think about New Years resolutions during this time of year, obviously. Fred's family always made kind of a joke about them, and I think it's pretty true. Most resolutions are dead within just a few weeks, some survive maybe a month or two. That's why I make the same resolution this year as last year. I resolve to read at least one book per month for the next year. Now granted last year I didn't completely fulfill it. For the first 6 months I was reading a lot, but once Noah was born it was harder to just sit down and read. But I like having this as a yearly resolution. It keeps me reading, which gives me personal time to think and ponder, it's a very achievable goal, and it's enlightening for my mind. Not being in school sometimes I feel like my brain is turning to mush and I'm just getting more stupid by the day. But when I'm reading, I'm educating myself, and giving myself something to think about, and create theories. I've toyed with the idea of writing up an analysis of each book that I read, but I don't know if I want to go that far with it. We'll see.

No comments: