Monday, July 13, 2009

Date Night!

Saturday night Zander and I went on our first 'dinner and a movie date' since we had Noah last June. We dropped the baby boy off at my brother's house and took off for a night of freedom! There's a restaurant called the Thai House on Lehi Main Street that I've been wanting to go to since we moved out here, so we went over there for dinner. And it was fantastic! For those of you that are familiar with Bangkok Grill in Orem, the Thai House tastes the exact same, and has essentially the same menu. I'll definitely be going back there again for their lunch specials. I crave curry on a regular basis now.


After dinner we had a bit of time to kill before our movie, so we wandered around the Emporium store over at Thanksgiving Point. Most of the stuff in there was seriously over-priced, but I did find a few things in there that I thought were pretty cool. For the movie, we went and saw Transformers 2. Overall, I actually liked this movie a lot more than the first one. I think that the story line was much more interesting, and we didn't have to spend half of the movie discovering that the transformers even existed. The only downside to the movie was the ridiculous amount of unnecessary stupid potty humor. Honestly, what do two dogs humping have to do with alien robots trying to save the earth yet again?! So because of that I give it a rate of a 4. Meaning I liked it, I'd see it again for free, but I don't have to own it.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that it will be this long before we leave Elliot again. Before my Mom left, he had her watch him for a couple hours while we went on one last date... I pretty much had a panic attack the whole time, lol.