Thursday, July 16, 2009

An Escape

Yesterday I dropped Noah off at his grandparent's house and went to Barnes & Noble. Granted I can spend hours in that store looking for new and interesting books to read, but that's not what i was after. I went and found the book that I'm currently reading, claimed one of the arm chairs, and sat down to read for an hour or so. As I was sitting there reading I couldn't help but notice the number of people around me also just sitting there reading, and I wondered what they were there to "escape" from. What was the difference for them reading at home vs. reading in the store? Honestly though, it's one of the best things that I've done for myself since having Noah. I LOVE bookstores, and I love them even more when they have a cafe in them. There's something about the smell of books and coffee together that is just incredibly relaxing.


1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

TOTALLY!! Oh gosh... i'm going to have to do that! Love, love, love bookstores!