Thursday, July 23, 2009

Dinner & A Movie

Last night we went on a triple date. Zander, me, Ben, Emma, Rachel and Tim went out for a night without the kids. Everyone but Rachel and Tim got there a little early, so we wandered through Bed Bath & Beyond, and then over to Nordstrom Rack. I found a $385 pair of shoes that I wandered around in a for a little while, just to get some small idea of what it might be like to be Carrie Bradshaw. Once Rachel and Tim met up with us, we headed over to Pei Wei for dinner. Emma and I both ordered dishes that we didn't really like, so she traded with Ben, and I poured a bunch of soy sauce on mine to make it somewhat tolerable. But the conversation was great, and there were no kids, so I'll take a "bad" meal.

The main event of the evening was going over to Jordan Commons to watch Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. It's my favorite book out of the series, and I just finished reading it about 2 days ago, so I was excited to see how they did things. Overall I think that it was a fantastic movie. I worry that if I hadn't read the books I would feel like a lot was missing, and having read th ebook I wonder why they created certain scenes that didnt' exist in the original text. Such as what happened at the Weasley's home during Christmas break. (That's all I'm going to say about it for those who haven't seen it yet) Overall though, it was a fantastic movie. I'd willingly go see it again paying full price for it, and I would like to own it. That right there qualifies it as 5 stars in my rating system.

My movie rating system, in case you are curious.

5 Stars - I'll glady see it again for full price and I'll own it
4 Stars - I'll likely own it
3 Stars - Worth seeing once
2 Stars - I walk out saying "that was a waste of my time."
1 Star - I either walk or or wish that I had

1 comment:

rebecca said...

i like the rating system! please use again in the future.... ( ps, i didnt read the book and i followed just fine:) )