Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Horses!

Last night we went to my Uncle Doug's house for a bbq cookout and horse riding type adventure. The kids did surprisingly well on the "long" ride to their house in Syracuse, Kaiden actually slept for most of it which is an achievement for a baby who hates the car as much as he did. When we got there Noah very proudly informed us "I found that house!" Originally I thought that it was just going to be my siblings and parents up there, but it was a much bigger deal. All of Doug's kids were there, as well as my Aunt Sonia and cousin Rob that are here for a bit from Alaska. It's been a LOOOONG time since I went to any extended family function like this, and it really was nice to see some of the family.

The highlight of the evening was of course riding the horses. Granted we were just in the small corral, but still, a horse is a horse (insert Mr. Ed theme song) and I'll take what I can get. Doug has Tennessee walking horses. Their footfall pattern is different than most horses and when you get them into their gait it's a very unexpectedly smooth ride. Z went out and rode Rose before all the kids were done eating. After very patiently waiting his turn Noah got to ride up on top of Baron. I got on Baron a little later. Noah also got to help feed the chickens with his grandma. Highlight of his little life.


No comments: