Monday, August 9, 2010

An Update

Kaiden is asleep, and Noah is contentedly sitting on my lap watching Caillou via Netflix online (yay for dual monitor), so I thought I'd write up a bit about what's going on lately....and I'm drawing a blank. Is that sad? Life has been really busy, but I suddenly don't know what we've been so busy with. Let's try this format and see what I can come up with.

Kaiden

This 'little' kid is getting to be a lot of fun. He's out of the "baby coma" phase and is now cooing, smiling, and laughing. We also started him on medication for acid reflux (Prevacid) about 2 weeks ago, and it has made a huge difference in his little life. Before we started the medication he just seemed miserable all the time, and cried accordingly. He's a lot more pleasant now, and sleeps a lot better in the day as well. For the most part he does really well sleeping at night. I think he's in a growth spurt right now, so nights have been a bit rough due to insatiable hunger, but most nights he goes 6ish hours sleeping.

Noah
We're officially potty training Noah starting today. We've had him sit on the potty every night before bed for about 4 months now, and he pees 95% of the time. So far today he's been on the potty I think four times and peed each time. I'm really optimistic at this point on the potty training. He adjusts really well to changes, and really hates being dirty or messy. Ask me again in a few weeks how this is going and hopefully it'll still be optimistic.

This kid really is hilarious. I'm constantly laughing at the things he says and does. He's a total spaz and learning things ridiculously fast. We took him to the aquarium a couple weekends ago and he loved it. Everything except for the bright green tree frogs. They scared him for some reason. We all liked it enough though that we bought season passes, so if anyone ever wants to go to the aquarium, we'll glad take you with us!



Zander
He'll be officially done with this semester as of this Wednesday. We're really really excited for that. It'll be nice to have a bit of a break from school for a few weeks before his FINAL SEMESTER starts up this fall. He's also looking for a new job, which will be a fun new adventure to get into. So if anyone knows a good company that's looking for an awesome front end/UI designer, let us know!

Emily
When I think about my life, it sounds really boring. There's not a lot of glory in staying home taking care of two boys all the time, but honestly, I'm really happy with my life. I'm feeling normal again after having a baby, and we're really getting into a good schedule. I have my days of course, but for the most part, I'm really very happy with my life and where I'm at.

No comments: