Sunday, August 17, 2008

New Challenges

For quite a few years now I have had a fascination with Asian body-mind disciplines. I've toyed with Yoga and always loved it, especially last summer. I had a gym membership at 24 hour fitness and they had a yoga class several nights a week that I could make it to right after work. It was a great way to wind down and re-energize myself after a long day of being at a desk. While I really love Yoga, I've also really wanted to learn T'ai Chi. It's movements are so beautiful and controlled. So yesterday while we were doing a bunch of errands down in Orem, I got a beginning T'ai Chi video. I got Zander to try it out with me last night, and it's actually a lot harder than I thought it would be. I know that once I get the movements down and can flow smoothly between them it's going to be a good workout.

No comments: