Friday, August 15, 2008

Trial run

I admit, this is not the first blog that I have created, but I don't remember the login or password to any of the others and I never did anything with them anyway. So here's hoping that this one survives. I feel like it's new years day and I'm writing in a journal saying that I'm going to do better at writing consistently, and then it never happens But this will be a good project for me and will help me find significant things in my somewhat monotonous life to write about.

Exciting things this week:
My cookbook is coming along really well, and I'm still very motivated to work on it. I have most of the recipes from my Cooking Light magazines done. Next I'll have to go through the recipe box and all of my cookbooks and figure out what I want from those. That might be more fun, cuz I'll have to work harder to get the pictures on those recipes instead of just copying them from a website.

Last night we went on our first REAL date since having Noah in mid June. We've gone out to dinner a few times without him, but that was only like an hour long, so it doesn't count. We were out for about 4 hours last night, and it was kind of like taking a big huge gulp of air, it was great. Don't get me wrong, I love my baby lots and lots, but it was nice to have a break from him for a little while. Brian wanted us to double with him, so we went with him and Amber out to Tucanos in Orem, and then went bowling afterwards and played two games. We hadn't met Amber before, but she was a lot of fun. Very easy to talk to and joke around with. I out-ate everyone at dinner (no, I'm not proud of that), and then won the second game of bowling. Zander wasn't having the best game on that second round, so he started trying to throw the ball as fast as he could. It was rather entertaining.

We've begun to actually think about the trip that we're taking to California this coming March. Our invitation for Craig and Steph has been officially issued, and we're starting to think about what we want to do while we're down there, which has brought up the issue of swim suits....Granted I've lost just about all of my baby weight, but I was a good 10 pounds heavier than I wanted to be even before I got pregnant. I've got a good 20 pounds that I want to loose before I put myself in a swimsuit in public. I'm incredibly motivated to start working out, but it's a whole new challenge when a newborn baby is involved. I can't always expect his naps to last long enough for me to get in a good workout, and I'd like to start running again, but I don't think that our current stroller would handle it very well. Not to mention I have a tendency to forget to eat during the day when I'm taking care of Noah. So we'll see what happens. I've always had the goal of being able to fit back into my wedding dress by our next anniversary, which is when we're going to California, and if I can fit into my dress then I won't be too ashamed to be in a swimsuit.

2 comments:

rebecca said...

welcome to the blogosphere:)

Triana Ord said...

Well it's about time!!!!
Tri