Thursday, August 28, 2008

Solitude

Yesterday was Zander's first day of classes for this semester, and it looks like they're going to be pretty good classes. They're taught by people who work in the field, so they know what they're talking about, and they understand the whole working and going to school in the evening thing. That's one thing that I really appreciate about UVU's night classes. It's not that they're lenient or don't teach as much in the evening, they just understand that people's lives are crazy and that school isn't their only priority.

With Z having school in the evenings it means that he is gone for 12+ hours several days a week, which kind of sucks for me. Thankfully Noah had a really good day yesterday and didn't get fussy or grumpy really at all until about 6:30, and went to bed an hour early. On days that Z is gone I'm trying to give myself something to look forward to around 5:30ish, just to help break up my day and keep me on a similar schedule. Even if it's something as simple as going on a short walk to get the mail. I'm also making sure that I get outside for a little while, even if it's just sitting in the backyard for 5 minutes while I eat my lunch.

No comments: