Sunday, August 17, 2008

Two months

When you have a baby everything changes, naturally. And honestly not all of it is good. And when you're miserable it seems like everyone tells you over and over "don't worry, it gets better, usually around two months." They were far more right than I ever thought possible. About a week ago he finally started taking real naps during the day. Before he was just taking 20 minute cat naps and then being really cranky at night cuz he was so exhausted, but now he sleeps at least 6 hours during the day. And who knew the key to sleeping through the night was sleeping during the day? The night that Noah turned two month old he slept through the night, from 8:30 pm until 7 am with barely making a noise. of course I didn't sleep that long though. We went to bed around 1 am, after I made sure he was still breathing. I woke up again confused that my baby hadn't woken me up. I made sure he was still alive and then went back to bed. I passed off that first night as a total fluke and didn't expect it again. well, he did it again last night. So happy two month birthday, to both Noah and to me.

No comments: